Saturday, December 20, 2014

Feeling Blessed

I am very thankful to be a part of such a wonderful church! The people at Grace Community Church have quickly become family to me. They are so generous! Let me tell you the story...
So every year there is a Women's Tea event that takes place around Christmas time. This year I had a close friend who was heading it up. She was working with a few others to put the whole thing together. She came to me and asked if they could take up a "love offering" for our adoption at the Women's Tea. I was touched and thought that was so special. I agreed of course, this adoption is pretty expensive and Grant and I can use all the help we can get. She asked me to say a few words to all the women which isn't my strong point, but this isn't the first time God's taken me out of my comfort zone through this process.
So today was the tea. It was so much fun! There were musical numbers, games, carols to sing, delicious food and a great message about being excited about Christ's birth. I gave my little speech; I spoke a little fast but I think people figured out what I was talking about. After the tea was over and all cleaned up I went over to our collection box. People generously gave us $378 towards our adoption! I couldn't believe it! What an incredible blessing to receive from such wonderful women! I can't thank everyone enough! Grant and I are immediately putting that in our 'Adoption Fund' account! Thank you thank you! I am so grateful and feel so blessed by you! Special thanks to Annie and Sarah for all of your hard work who made this even possible! Love you all!

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

4 comments:

  1. What an honor to be there today. I am thrilled for you as you continue on this journey. Obviously you've got my vote for people who will be great parents. Excited to see you both and am eager to see the journey progress…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was so great having you there! II'm glad you were able to make it!!

      Delete
  2. So happy for you two!!! God's blessings on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We are so excited we can't contain it anymore haha !

      Delete