Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Finishing up with our HomeStudy

As part of the homestudy process we were to put together a profile book all about us and to include a letter on the very first few pages to the expectant mother. The letter, by far, was the  most difficult thing Grant and I have had to write as part of this process. It was interesting sitting down with my husband trying to write this letter to a person we don't know and are hoping that they will choose us as part of their adoption plan. Finding the right words while trying to have our personalities show was tricky. We worked together taking turns writing different pieces and somehow melding them together. I think it came out pretty well. 

The book was to include pictures of us, our families, our friends, hobbies, and our house. It is used to give to expectant mothers so they can get an idea of who we are -- it's basically used to advertise us. It was interesting trying to figure out what pictures to chose, what to write, and just the layout of everything. I worked several hours trying to make it the best I could and include everything I felt that would describe us.

So we got our book and letter approved and ordered and they have arrived! I'm really excited about how they turned out! Shutterfly did a great job and, thanks to those who sent me coupons and special offers, I was able to purchase them for less than half the cost! Such a deal!


Now that we have the books, Grant and I are all finished with our portion of the homestudy. We actually have been done with all the paperwork, meetings with the social worker, classes, books and such for a while now. The last thing we have left to do before our homestudy is finished is to have one final meeting with the woman who counsels the expectant mothers. We have been waiting for a couple of weeks now for her to schedule a time with us and I must admit, I'm a little frustrated. I want so bad to get to that next phase and just be waiting for that precious baby. I know that when I'm in that phase I'll probably be saying something different but right now all I can think of is getting to the next step. Trying so hard to remind myself it's out of my hands and only in God's hands.

Just a few more things....
Our baby bottle fundraiser is still going! Thank you so much to those who have taken bottles and brought them back! So far we have raised close to $1000 in change! I still have a few more bottles left to hand out so if you want one or know of a neighbor or friend you could give one to that would be wonderful. Keep searching under those couch cushions, digging out from the bottom of purses or collecting from those cup holders in your car--- your spare change is making a difference



We have also set up a gofundme account. We have a goal of $10,000 to raise to help us bring our future child home. Go to our GO FUND ME site to donate. Tell a friend, tell family, share it on facebook, instagram, twitter, or whatever social networking site you want! We appreciate any help we can get!


Thank you to all who are praying for us and supporting us through this process. We have a long way to go and we appreciate all the help we have received and will continue to receive.


"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer"
Romans 12:12

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to leave a little note to encourage you, I know the waiting feels like the worst part because you are such proactive person, but hang in there! I know God is working here and that your patience will be rewarded.

    ReplyDelete