Monday, May 4, 2015

Learning to ask for help


Finances have always been the scariest part for me with this adoption. We knew that getting in all of this was going to put some financial strains on us but we stepped out in faith, knowing that God would provide. My fears and concerns about not having the financial backing ready when we are matched and have a baby in our arms is still there and I pray about it constantly. I ask God for ideas to raise money and pray that the funds would show. I know that God is providing but I still can't help feeling a little stressed.

Something that is difficult for me is asking for help from others. I feel like I become a burden on others. I'm the type of person that completes tasks independently.. I am quickly learning that this is not what God wants for us. He gives us a community of friends to help us out especially during these kinds of  times. We are there to support and to love one another. When Grant and I decided to adopt while knowing the cost, I felt humbled. I feel that in order for us to adopt our child and not be put into a ton of debt I would have to fund raise and I would have to ask others for help. So here I am, asking for help.


I have multiple fundraising efforts going on all at the same time so I feel that there is a little something for everyone.


booster shirts
I have created four unique shirt designs to sell to help raise money. I hope you like them! Click HERE to visit the site and share it with everyone you know. Three are sold as unisex shirts and the "adoption is the new pregnant" shirt is a female style. This fundraiser is only going until May 30th so order your shirts soon! The shirts will ship once the fundraiser is over. If you are local you can click the button to have them shipped directly to me which means free shipping for you! I will give them out as I see you. If you are not local please don't click that button, as it will be harder for me to get your shirt to you. Thank you for ordering!



go fund me
Our Go Fund Me site is up and active! If you are looking for an easy way to donate, this is it! Click HERE to visit the site and again, please share via facebook, tumblr, instagram, twitter or any other social networking site you know of! Thank you!!



baby bottles
Our baby bottles are still out! If you have one please return it to me whenever you can, no rush. If you know of anyone who would like one, please let me know and I'll get one to you! Thank you so much for helping us out!





garage sale
We are having another garage sale and we have started collecting again! If you have anything you'd like to donate please let me or Grant know and we will get it from you! Thank you!






improv/comedy night/sketch type show
Two of my funniest friends are planning an improv/comedy/sketch type show! Details will be coming up but save the date! So far we have it planned for Saturday, August 1st. This date is subject to change but hopefully won't. I will post more details as I find them out!



Thank you everyone for your help!! I'd be lost without you! So far our fundraising has gone pretty well and I wanted to share with everyone that so far, thanks to all of you, our fundraising has raised $2850. Our goal is to raise $10,000 which means we are over a quarter way there, yay!! We are so grateful for all the help we have received and are continuing to receive. We would not be able to adopt without you all! It is definitely the truth when they say "it takes a village"... and we don't even have our baby here yet!



"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness."
James 1:2-3 

No comments:

Post a Comment